Today the NC NAACP attempted to deliver petitions to DAG McCrony asking him to call a ‘Special Redemption Session’ of the NC General Assembly.
Here's a fast-forward synopsis of their pilgrimage, captured fully in video:
- Group (apparently mostly clergy) arrives.
- Guard greets them, tells them the DAG is not in the building and they can't come in.
- Rev. Barber establishes that they have every right to come in, they go in (passing through metal detectors, because you know how threatening those pastors, priests and rabbis are!)
- Eventually Kimmo greets them and says that she'll "check" to see if the DAG is available.
- Prayers ensue
- Kimmo returns and tells them that yes, the DAG is in the building, but he's in a meeting and oh so very busy and can't see them, but she'll be happy to take their petitions.
- Kimmo accepts their petitions with the most miserable fake smile on her face. You can almost see the thought bubble of her thinking she doesn't get paid enough for this and she doesn't like these people and wait 'til she can tell the DAG about this and they can have a hearty laugh.
The video is half an hour but worth watching, or at least watching the highlights.