This past week Scrutiny Hooligans highlighted the North Carolina Democratic Party Chair race between Bill Faison, David Parker, and Dannie Montgomery. The same questions were asked of each of the candidates, and their responses are republished there without changes. They are posted in the order they were received.
They answered these questions:
1) What are the primary duties of a State Party Chair?
2) What distinguishes you from the other candidates in this race?
3) Yes - They are all important, but please rank the following in order of priority:
Training local party organizations
Coordination with OFA
Improving data collection and distribution
4) Strategically, do you believe we ought to carefully choose our battles or that we ought to have a 100-County effort?
5) What are your fundraising goals, and how do you plan to achieve them? Numerical estimates are appreciated.
6) What qualities would you like to see in a new NCDP Executive Director?
7) How exactly will you improve cooperation between the Party and OFA? Why should local candidates and campaigns believe that OFA will help them and vice versa?
8) SEC and state convention meetings see our elected officials most often when they are running for election. It suggests a disconnect in the party between the grassroots and elected officials. This impression is reinforced when resolutions debated, voted on and re-voted on at the county, district and state levels disappear down the memory hole once passed.
What responsibility do you believe elected Democrats have (when not running for office) for championing the concerns of grassroots party members, and
What would you do as chair to help ensure that our Council of State and legislative delegation work better with the party to reflect those concerns?