It's hard to believe that US Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-ALEC) could sink lower than she has in the past, but she has managed to do so.
She introduced a new bill that she calls the "Injured and Amputee Veterans Bill of Rights". Now, it would seem to be hard to quibble with that. Our veterans, especially injured and amputee, deserve the very best that this country can give them.
Renee directs us to her propaganda page for the bill, where we learn:
The rights provided by H.R. 3408 include:
- Access to appropriate O&P technology to meet individual veterans' needs
- Ability to receive care from a private O&P practitioner of choice (the vast majority of veterans receive prosthetic care through 600 contracts with private O&P practitioners)
- A second opinion from VA medical personnel as to O&P treatment options
- Have a functional spare prosthetic limb or orthotic brace, and
- Timely and efficient prosthetic and orthotic care.
Veterans currently have these rights but there is wide variation and inconsistency across the country as to how these rights are implemented at the regional and local levels. This bill simply educates veterans of their rights and expectations for quality VA O&P treatment.
So this bill doesn't grant rights to injured and amputee veterans, even though her propaganda page overtly lists the "the rights provided by [her bill]", which turn out not to be provided by her bill at all, but which already exist. Apparently Renee is hoping you won't continue reading to find out that her bill doesn't provide any rights for injured or amputee veterans. It simply advises them of their existing rights.
We suppose that's not bad in and of itself, but Renee is clearly guilty of false advertising and fraud.
Renee Ellmers is exploiting injured and amputee veterans for her own political gain.
And it doesn't get much lower than that.
That's truly evil and repulsive, Renee. You should be ashamed. Enjoy your special place in hell.