With help from the Puppetshow's pollsters:
State Republicans are highlighting seven Democratic House seats they believe could go their way in the fall based on polling results published by two conservative-leaning polling outfits.
The polls were conducted over the last few months for the conservative Civitas Institute and by the Carolina Strategy Group, a Raleigh firm whose principals lean Republican.
The first thing I thought of when I read this was: It's a trick. Then I thought: They want me to think it's a trick...I should probably go easy on the John Le Carre novels. ;)
Here are the races in question:
* Rep. Alice Underhill, a New Bern Democrat faces Norman Sanderson in November. The campaign is a rematch from two years ago.
* Rep. Arthur Williams, a Washington Democrat, vs. Republican Bill Cook.
• Rep. Van Braxton, a Kinston Democrat, is in a rematch against Republican Stephen LaRoque.
* Democratic Rep. Randy Stewart of Rocky Mount vs. Republican Jeff Collins.
* Democratic Rep. Jimmy Love of Sanford vs. Republican Mike Stone.
* Democrat Jane Whilden of Asheville vs. Tim Moffitt.
* Democratic Rep. Lorene Coates of Salisbury vs. Republican Harry Warren.
* Democratic Rep. Cullie Tarleton of Blowing Rock vs. Republican Jonathan Jordan.
Hat tip to Ben Niolet on this. Good work.