"A goosebump moment...(it) does turn a page in the life of the nation." -- Eugene Robinson of The Washington Post. Read some of the other analysis on the Obama web site.
Lifted by a huge turnout, double the number who turned out in 2004, Senator Barack Obama won even female voters in the Iowa Caucuses. I've been following Obama closely, and wasn't all that surprised by the result. Here's what I've written on my blog about Obama in the last two years:
- Obama Leads in Online Innovations in 2008 Campaign
- Barack Obama, Lightning Catcher
- JFK, Obama on Experience
- Is Obama Uppity? Examining His Experience
- Is This A Transformational Moment for America? Very Moving Speech By Michelle Obama
- Obama and Race-Based Affirmative Action
- Obama Transforms Campaign into Movement for Change
- Obama on the Rise: His Campaign Reveals As Much About America As It Does About Him
- Barack Obama As Secret Weapon in the War on Terror, and Healer of America's Racial Divide
- Barack Obama and the Dilemma of a Black Man Running for State or National Office
- Obama on Saturday Night Live
- What is the Proper Relationship Between A Politician and the People? Barack Obama's Vision
- Why Some Whites Are Eager to Support Obama: Why Some Blacks Are Reluctant To Do So
- Clinton, Obama, and Edwards' Announcement Speeches: Advantage to Whom?
- Does Racial Prejudice Predict Voting?
- Sen. Barack Obama Blogs, Tells Fiercest of Democratic Activists What They Don't Want to Hear