The candidate filing period is over and Republican Party Chair Tom Fetzer and other GOP leaders are touting the party's full slate of candidates as more evidence that all signs point to big Republican gains in Raleigh and Washington in November. But it's more than a little premature to start ordering the champagne. There are small, but growing signs that the predicted Republican wave may have already crested and that voters have just as many doubts about GOP candidates as they do about Democrats.
I'm with Chris. The mighty tempest in the Tea Party cup is already on its way out to sea, as right wing extremists show themselves to be devoid of solutions, compulsive liars, and wildly out of touch with reality. Clearly about 15% of voters are stupid enough to fall for their happy horseshit. The only risk in November will be if the other 85% of voters are too demoralized by spineless Democrats to even bother to go to the polls.
BlueNC is dedicated to making North Carolina a more progressive and prosperous state. If your intention is to disrupt this effort, please find somewhere else to express your opinions.