Despite the fact that you have to take anything coming out of the ultra-conservative John Pope center with a grain of salt or as utter nonsense, there are some interesting numbers from their January survey (and some completely useless numbers that resulted from slanted questioning).
First, even this ultra-conservative group finds support for an increase in the minimum wage:
18. Do you support or oppose increasing the minimum wage in NC by $1.00 that would bring it to $6.15 per hour?
Not sure 4%
And that the state is happy with its Democratic administration:
1. Do you feel things in NC are headed in the right direction or wrong track?
Right direction 48%
Wrong track 39%
Not sure 13%
2. Approve or disapprove of the job performance of the State Legislature?
Not sure 16%
3. If the 2006 election for state legislator were held today, vote Republican or Democrat?
Not sure 20%
But it looks like more people see both parties as corrupt than pinning the blame on either one (a win for Republicans):
12. Which political party in Washington do you believe is more corrupt?
Both equally 40%
13. Which political party in NC do you think is more corrupt?
Both equally 37%
Now for the slanted questions:
15. In light of the major increases in the cost of gas, should this tax be eliminated or is it necessary to meet the transportation needs in NC?
Not sure 7%
16. Would you support the elimination of the 15% gas tax increase?
Not sure 18%
17. Do you think illegal immigrants contribute to your local economy or do they drain the local economy?
Not sure 12%
21. Would you be more or less likely to: vote for a candidate for state legislature: Who made a commitment to end the ½ cent temporary sales tax?
No difference 22%
Not sure 8%
22. Who committed to supporting a state constitutional amendment to protect private property from being taken by the government for private use?
No difference 5%
Not sure 4%
23. Who supports legislation requiring the deportation of illegal immigrants convicted of such things as drunk driving and other crimes that do not carry jail sentences?
No difference 4%
Not sure 4%
That last one is just absurd. First it asks about "illegal" immigrants and then inserts a very serious and deadly crime, drunk driving. Not to mention the fact that DUI can result in a jail sentence under certain circumstances. Remember that grain of salt thing.
BlueNC is dedicated to freedom and fairness for the people of North Carolina. If you share that vision, welcome. If your intention is to disrupt our efforts, please find somewhere else to express your opinions.
Dumbed Down Politicos
Exile on Jones Street
Pam's House Blend
Public Policy Polling
Talking About Politics
Turn NC Blue