I think most of the claims of racism against people who are against illegal immigration are unfounded. I didn't say all.
There are six fundamental problems with illegal aliens.
1. Those aliens typically work under the table for unscrupulous employers.
2. The are usually given wages below the mandated minimum wage.
3. Do not have access to worker's compensation through these employers.
4. Use the most social services without paying in to the system.
5. Move $25 billion a year out of the US.
6. Because they are willing to work for less than minimum wage, they displace American citizens.
None of these issues have a thing to do with race.
That said, there does exist the knee-jerk reaction with some people to see every Latino as an illegal alien - that is racism. I hope the new Congress can move beyond the issue of color and address the real economic problems of illegal immigration.