Move Over Moondoggie!
State Auditor Les Merritt is on his way to becoming the next surfing legend.
The State Auditor’s Office has used state resources for political purposes. Merritt’s office has surfed to the North Carolina Democratic Party website 217 times in the past six months. In the past two weeks alone, Merritt’s office visited our website five times.
As an avid surfer, Mr. Merritt can’t get enough of the Democratic wave.
The State Auditor’s Office visits our website more than the Democratic National Committee and the Obama and Clinton campaigns combined. More traffic comes from the Auditor’s Office, a public agency funded by public tax dollars, than the entire city of Fayetteville.
Like most surfers, Merritt won’t catch any wave. The State Auditor’s Office is looking for the Big Kahuna, anything on our website that affects Mr. Merritt’s chances of being re-elected.
Merritt’s a surfer who also has an eye for the babes. The State Auditor’s Office used state resources to check out content relating to Beth Wood 43 times.
As chairman of the (surf)board, Mr. Merritt has made a public pledge to eliminate waste, fraud and abuse in state government.
But it’s clear to us, he’d rather be surfing.
Wipe Out! Merritt’s surfing by the numbers:
- 217 - the number of times the State Auditor's Office used a state computer to visit our website
- 44 - the number of times the State Auditor's Office checked out Democratic rival Beth Wood on our website
- 37th - the State Auditor's Office's rank among visitors to our website
- 27 - number of visits to links about our Sanford-Hunt Dinner
- 41 - the number of times the highest resolution monitor in the State Auditor's Office has visited our website