I'm thinking Mayor Pat has a deal worked out with the legislature.
- The GA passes batshit crazy legislation.
- They all agree that McCrory will veto the most extreme bills.
- They all understand that the vetoes will be overridden.
- McCrory gets to look like he's taking principled stands that improve his reelection chances.
- The GA gets what they want with no risk because of gerrymandering.
- North Carolina loses.
McCrory vetoes 2nd NC General Assembly bill in as many days (AP) — Gov. Pat McCrory vetoed his second bill in two days Friday, this time a bipartisan measure backers say would give North Carolina employers recourse against people who deliberately get hired to steal company secrets or dig up dirt.
Vetoes could jeopardize McCrory's $3 billion infrastructure borrowing plans (WRAL-TV) -- As Gov. Pat McCrory crisscrosses North Carolina promoting his massive $3 billion highway and infrastructure borrowing scheme, his veto of two bills within 24 hours is eliciting disappointment and anger from the same lawmakers the governor wants to approve his bond plans.
Focus turns to override of magistrate bill veto (Charlotte Observer) -- Mollie Young, a spokeswoman for House Speaker Tim Moore, said Friday that “the speaker will discuss overrides with Senate leader Berger and House leadership in the coming days.”
Lt. Gov. Forest at odds with McCrory’s veto of Senate Bill 2 (SoundCloud) – Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Forest disagrees with GOP Gov. Pat McCrory on veto of Senate Bill 2.